In my last post I shared the Prima layout "Darling" I made over a year ago for the great French scrapbooking magazine Histoires de Pages. This post will be about another layout made for the same great magazine, and at the same time. In fact, they are both based on the same set-up and are both just two different samples. However, today I will share with you an quick step-by-step on how this layout were done!
"Simple & Sweet Memories" is about just what the title says, the simple and sweet little memories in daily life. In this case, my daughters small feet from when she was 10 months old.
Prima products used on this layout:Romanticue Col. "Hilary" #843427 - pattern paper lady in dress fussy cut
Romantique Col "Orchard" #843410 - Background pattern paper
Chipboard "Pixie Glen" #551216 - Chipboard Banner and Butterfly
Prima Text stamp - Used one discontinued. But you can use any text stamps.
Coventry Rose "Romantique" - Orange/red rose
Splendor "Cinnamon" - leaves
Shabby Chic Resin Treasure "Stair Ornaments" #890759 - resin corner
Shabby Chic Metal Treasure "Outdoor Wall Lamps" #890841 - metal lamp
Belle Artes "Aquarius" - Turquoise rose
Roses of Spain "Anais" - Large rose
Amore "Tapaz" - heart
Journaling Notebox - Paper frames
Lace and Pearl Boarders - purple lace
Reflections - Frame behind journaling
I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (pinks and purples) on this layout.
I also used the Comfort-Craft Tools "Craft Knife" for the detailed cut outs.
This craft knife is designed for hours and hours of crafting. Ergonomic and soft grip, adjustable grip angle, and with a room for up to 12 extra refill blades in the back of the knife.
Here are the steps;
- Find a soft pattern paper without too much pattern on. Here I used Prima's Romantiques collection, "Orchard".
Step2- Start to cut out the pattern design you wish to use and place around on the background to you have the positions you desire.- I also used a Journaling Notebox card as a frame behind the journaling area. Prima have these in many beautiful designs and are great to use as small frames in all kind of purposes!
Step3- Find the Reflections journaling card and add on top of the paper journaling card. (the circle clear with lines)
- Add on the Lace & Pearl Boarder straight down on the about in the center of the layout beside the fussy cut design. I did cut off a bit of the lace to shorten it a bit.
- I also used one journaling card (Journaling Box) as a frame for a little photo. Cut out the center of the card and place above the photo and glue them together. Place then the frame with photo in position on layout and glue down.
- Now you can glue on your embellishments. Here I added the Shabby Chic Metal "Outdoor Wall Lamp", Shabby Chic Resin Treasure "Stair Ornaments", chipboard pieces from the Pixie Glen collection (banner and butterfly) and the wonderful Prima "Amore" heart around the photo.
- After this, all you have to do is to add the flowers as shown on the main photo, plus writing in the journaling, and you're done!
Please also remember to check thats all items are properly glued down! ;O) I always recommend a good scrapbook liquid glue, especially on flowers, to make sure they will not fall off after some time.
Hope you liked my share today, and wish you a wonderful and creative day!
*hugs and smiles*